|SPECIAL URANIAN VERSION
10 (AUREAS 10) DEMO/NSTRATION PROGRAM INSTALLATION
(for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
Uranian is a Windows program designed to run on Windows, but may run on
Mac computers if you have Windows or Windows-emulation settings or
1) MAKE SURE THAT YOU SPECIFY THE 'SPECIAL URANIAN ASTROLOGY' BUTTON DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS IN ORDER TO VIEW THE FUNCTIONS SPECIFIC TO THE SPECIAL URANIAN PROGRAM, SINCE OTHER AUREAS PROGRAMS ARE ALSO OFFFERED -- Aureas Software provides this Demo/nstration version with several programs, and you must specify 'Special Uranian Astrology' during setup in order to view the sample of the Special Uranian program. Note that future purchase of 'Special Uranian Astrology' provides access only to that program, and access to the other Aureas programs (Astro-PC, etc) in the Demo/nstration version are bought separately.)
2) Note that the Demo/nstration version, like many demonstration versions, is different from the full version in that it will calculate Only One natal chart for your review, with partial access to interpretation functions, and transits or directions only for current and or recent years -- and calculation of additional charts and further dates requires purchase of the full version of the program.
3) The Demo/nstration version contains a smaller atlas, and a condensed ephemeris only, with planetary positions within 1°30' accuracy -- purchase of the full version is necessary for full ephemeris accuracy. Cities not in the atlas can be entered manually.
4) Any Aureas CD-ROM you may have obtained in the past, or any file you may have downloaded in the past, may be outdated, and the file linked to below supercedes it for the most current program version -- so instead use the downloadable file linked below.
FOR WINDOWS 10/8/7/Vista/XP: click to Download the Demonstration version at www.aureas.eu/download/SetupAstro11.exe. Specify the location where you want the program saved in the "Save As" window that appears... "Desktop" is usually the easiest location to find later on, and is recommended. The download may take from 2 to 40 minutes, depending on the type and speed of your local internet connection, and it is best to wait for the download to complete, and not do anything else with your computer until such time, to avoid potential download file corruption problems. Windows versions prior to Windows 10 automatically showed a bar indicating the progress of the download. Since Windows 10, is such a bar does not show, you may need to open the "Downloads" folder (or other location you manually specified for download destination) to verify completion (when a waterbearer icon appears). If you have problems accessing the download link, please contact email@example.com.
It is recommended that you print these instructions out on paper, and have them at your side while going through the following steps for after the program is finished downloading:
You need to have a basic understanding of the generic Windows process for installing computer programs properly. This information is available through Microsoft Windows documentation, and is already familiar to the vast majority of computer users.
Begin by closing all open programs on your computer. NOTE that in some versions of Windows, you may need to install the program in an Administrator account (and not a limited access account).
These instructions are written in a way so as to attempt to indicate the various procedures involved for Windows 7, 8, and 10.
1. After the program is fully downloaded from the appropriate link indicated above,
- double-click on the downloaded file marked with a water-bearer logo on your Desktop screen (if you followed the directions above to install the program on the Desktop; otherwise the program may have installed in the 'Downloads' folder -- or any other location you may have specified as the destination of downloaded files).
- depending on your Windows operating system version, you may see a window stating 'Do you want to run this file?'... if so, click on the 'Run' button.
- if you see a window asking for which language you want to use for program setup, select the language you want, and click OK.
- you may see a 'Welcome' window, recommending that you shut down any other programs running on your computer, which you should do, and then, afterward, click the 'Next' button.
- if prompted with a window 'Ready to Install', click the 'Install' button. Afterward, you may see a bar graph showing the progress in installing the various program files, unless your computer contains enough memory to complete the process more instantaneously.
- After the bar-graph fills and installation is nearly complete, you may see a window indicating "Completing the Aureas v10 Setup Wizard". Click the "Finish" button to complete the file installation procedure.
3. Next, you will need to start the program. To do so, either click on the Aureas v_ icon on your desktop, or click the generic Windows Start button, selecting Programs then the group Aureas v_, then click the Aureas v_ icon to start the program..
(Note that early versions of Windows 8 may require an additional procedure if the program only flashes on and off quickly and does not start. For instructions on this extra procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .)
Note that Aureas makes periodic alterations to this installation file. If the instruction do not match what you now see during installation, please contact email@example.com with questions or comments.
Each time you run the Demo/nstration version program, you may be asked to enter codes until you buy the full program. To run the Demo version, which calculates only one natal chart with a condensed ephemeris, click on the Aureas Demo button. Next, you may see a window then that shows buttons to initialize Special Uranian Astrology, as well as other programs developed by Aureas containing more conventional astrology options.
The Demo/nstration version of all Aureas programs is designed only to allow to you to see an overview or samples of the program functions. Note also that if you click other buttons such as Astro-PC, you will not be viewing Special Uranian, but other programs offered by Aureas. To start the Special Uranian Demo, click the Special Uranian Astrology button option.
Special Uranian may initially open with the optional multi-color button-entry panel/window for use with touch-screen computers, depending on the Windows version you are using. If you are using a computer with keyboard and mouse, right-click just inside the left border of the button panel/screen and click to de-select "Activate at startup", to erase the checkmark and make the panel/windows disappear. This may or may not be necessary, depending on the Demo version you are viewing.
When the program starts, look at the top of the window and verify that you are now viewing Special Uranian Astrology, and not Astro-PC or Infociel variants. If you instead see 'Astro-PC' or 'Infociel', and do Not see 'Special Uranian Astrology', then go to the Main Menu bar (at top), click it and select 'Other software Demo', and then select 'Special Uranian Astrology'', and once again verify that it displays at the top of the program screen.
To input the data for the Demo chart:
1) If you are using a touch-screen/tablet computer, and did not erase the multi-color button panel, click on the 'Open (chart data input)' button. Next, whether you are using a tablet computer or a keyboard/mouse computer, go to the Main Menu bar (at the top of the program screen), then click Files, then Open (Chart data input). In the Data Input window that appears, click inside the text box located to the right of the Name button and type the name for the chart.
2) Next, choose the state or country of birth. Select the Country button, which will display the list of countries and sometime the states (or regions for some countries). Scroll down the list with the mouse or arrow keys or touch-screen, to find the country and/or state you want, and select it with a click (mouse) or finger-tap (touch-screen). For larger countries: For example, California is listed under USA-California. New South Wales is listed under Australia-New South Wales, British Columbia under Canada-British Columbia. England, Wales, and Scotland are listed under United Kingdom. Some other larger countries are also divided by state or province or region.
3) After clicking the country and/or state or province, a list of cities may appear automatically. If they do not, with the mouse or the keyboard, go to the box next to the City button and type the name of the city of birth, or else click/tap the City button, it will display a list of cities listed for that state, noting that the Demo/nstration version does not include the full atlas available in the full-version program (greatly expanded in Version 10). Scroll down the list with the mouse or the arrow keys to find the city you want, and double click/tap on it. If the city you need is not in the list, click/tap on the New City button. You then need to enter the name, latitude and longitude (coordinates) of the city from an atlas or reliable internet reference, and then click/tap on "OK Save". The coordinates for cities are often listed in the back of various printed atlases, or on the internet if you search for the name of the city Note that coordinates for some cities on the internet are given in decimals of degrees, and have to be converted to minutes of degrees for full precison -- IMPORTANTLY, NOTE that you must make sure that N or S, and E or W is correctly selected so that your city's coordinates are correctly set for North, South, East, or West – otherwise the resulting MC and AS in the chart may be incorrect.
4) Next, go to the birth date information boxes, noting that the day-month-year ordering of dates depends on your Windows parameters that you set manually in your Windows operating system. After entering the date, then enter the hour and minute of birth. The time of birth should come from the birth certificate, or from another reliable source, and be entered in in 24-hour notation. If you are not familiar with 24-hour notation, the international scientific and business standard, memorize now this very simple rule: For all PM births, add 12 hours to the time indicated as PM. For instance, for a birth at 3:30 pm, add 3+12 for the hour, and enter 15h30 and not 3:30. This simple process is easy to learn, ultimately minimizes confusion, and prepares you to become up-to-date with international conventions. (The use of the "h" symbol, instead of : normally indicates that the time is in 24-hour notation). For birthtimes assumed to be accurate to the second, you can click the Full data entry button at the far right of the window and enter data in a slightly different screen format. Note also that there are some cases, in countries or states with anomalies, where you may see a note about time zone variations in the window below the chart data, and you may need to change the time zone according to what the notes indicate. To do this, make sure you are in Full data entry mode (which is silver/grey and not yellow), so you can alter the time zone. The window for changing the zone either displays automatically, or can be accessed by clicking to uncheck the checkmark before Automatic TZ+DST Search, which is under the date in the 'Full data entry' mode window, and then click the Input TZ+DST button. At that point, the window for changing the time zone opens, and you can select the appropriate zone according to the notes shown under the date for the chart). You may need to click OK to finalize choices.
You may find the Simplified format (yellow data input window) or Full data entry format (silver/grey window) preferable, and they may evolve over time with program updates.
If you are using the Full data entry formathen click the Verify TZ+DST button -- and the application will display the date and hour of birth in Universal Time, with all time corrections included -- remembering that in the Demo version you are not be able to change the month or year... so make sure they are correct.
6) You can add other chart data in the boxes below the numeric chart data. In 'Full data entry' mode (accessible via the button at the right of the Data Input window) you can add such data as the sex of the native by clicking on M or F (or ? if you do not want to record this data, or if the chart is for an event or organization), and other 3-character data/chart classification codes of your own making.
7) End by double-checking the chart data you just entered for errors, and then clicking/tapping the OK button at right, and the chart is saved in memory. You can ask for the Natal chart to be displayed on the screen by either clicking the Natal option on the menu bar and selecting the first line: Natal Chart, or by tapping Natal Chart in the touch-screen menu.
AT THIS POINT, VERIFY THAT YOU SEE 'SPECIAL URANIAN ASTROLOGY' DISPLAYED AT THE TOP OF THE WINDOW. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MISTAKENLY SPECIFIED A DIFFERENT PROGRAM DURING INSTALLATION, AND ARE VIEWING THE FUNCTIONS OF A DIFFERENT AUREAS PROGRAM ('ASTRO-PC' or 'INFOCIEL'). TO CORRECT THIS, GO TO THE MAIN MENU BAR AT TOP, AND SELECT 'OPTIONS' AND THEN 'OTHER SOFTWARE DEMO' AND THEN 'SPECIAL URANIAN ASTROLOGY'. PAYMENT FOR SPECIAL URANIAN ASTROLOGY DOES NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE OTHER PROGRAMS OFFERED BY AUREAS
In the Demo/nstration version, you can now view a sample (Midpoints on Sun only) of the Brummund Rulebook interpretations for the chart you have entered the data for, noting that if you buy the full version, you will be able to see interpretations for all midpoints. To access this, go to the Main Menu bar and click "Interpretation" and then "Midpoint Interpretations - Ruth Brummund". In the windows that opens, you should see "Sun" checked, and the others may be unchecked since they are inaccessible in the free Demo mode. Make sure "Print report title" and "Print paragraph titles" are checked so that the name associated with the chart and the planets of the midpoints will be printed. If "Nearest midpoint only" is checked, only one interpretation per planet (the one in closest orb) will print, so make sure it is unchecked. Click "OK" at the bottom of the screen to display the interpretations.
Exploring the program functions
If you want to explore the program functions, it is recommended that you go to the Main Menu bar and click "Help" then "Special Uranian help documentation".. this provides a summary of the functions available in the Special Uranian program. It is also recommended that you go through the on-screen program lessons, accessible via Main Menu: Help: Training Lessons for Special Uranian Astrology. When you call it up, the "Display" tab may be open, explaining the mechanics of all Aureas programs including Special Uranian. To view the actual lessons, which you may want to print out on paper and follow through, click on "Lessons" at the top right, to open up that folder, and to read each lesson, go to the Menu Bar at the top of that window, click on "Lessons" and then either "Next Lesson", or select the other lesson of your choice from the menu.
To easily access information needed to help you use a specific function, button, or menu item, set your mouse pointer to whatever you want information about, and press the F1 key. Note that if you are running a version of Windows that does not immediately allow you to view the Help files, you have 2 options:
1) Click "Main Menu" at the top of the window, then select "Advanced Users", and in the window that appears, under "Help files", click the "Compiled help files (.chm). The graphics quality of the .chm version is lower, but users at the Uranian Institute actually prefer the different format for its functionality).
2) Search for WinHlp32.exe [a free add-on file from Microsoft for some versions of Windows] on the internet, and download/install that file to your computer, indicating the correct version for your current operating system -- If Windows is still offering that file for your Windows version.) This allows you to view help files in the original format, which includes multi-color coding. Some people may actually prefer the modified format of the more monochrome "compiled"/chm version indicated above in (1.
To view a summary of Special Uranian’s current functions, go to http://www.uranian-institute/org/xsoftware.htm.
If you have further questions about the Special Uranian program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org